Welcome to The MacMillan Surgery
This is an important message for all patients registered to the MacMillan Surgery in St Chads in Kirkby.
We feel this message is applicable to all other surgeries in England.
We are in extremely difficult times due to the pandemic Coronavirus (COVID 19) outbreak affecting the world. Drastic measures are needed to control the outbreak, prevent the spread and protect us all. It is highly important you follow the following advice:
- Do NOT come to the Surgery.
- We have various ways you can contact us - telephone, patient access, email or eConsult.
- You can access requests for medication repeats, sick notes through our various channels of communication. But please do not come to the Surgery.
- We will try our best to respond as soon as we can via either telephone, replying by text or email or have one of us doing a telephone video with you.
- Please ensure you give our staff your correct contact number.
- Please keep your mobile phone on so we can contact you directly and not be diverted to voicemail.
- Please be aware if you are awaiting a phone call our number will come up unknown.
- When you ring the MacMillan Surgery; please keep your message short and simple. This will allow us to process more calls as we realise many patients will want to contact us at this difficult period.
- We understand the guidelines regarding rescue packs for patients with COPD and Severe Asthma. Please bear with us, do NOT contact the surgery as we have a list of patient’s that we are working through.
These steps are highly important. We are doing this in your best interests and your safety.
Your cooperation is greatly appreciated.
We hope this crisis will be short lived. You can do your bit to help us help you and the Kirkby community.
Stay well. Stay safe.
Dr Thong, Dr Cunningham, Dr Owens, Dr Wall and the entire team at MacMillan Surgery.
Please click on the video above to find out all about eConsult
Dr Thong of The MacMillan Surgery has been a GP in Kirkby since 1988. The MacMillan Surgery has recently transferred its services to the new St Chads Centre in Kirkby.
The St Chads Centre is an ambitious project by NHS Knowsley to bring a very modern Integrated Health Service provision for the people of Kirkby. We believe that all patients will benefit from the extended services provided by the many health professionals at St Chads Centre.
Knowsley CCG Update on the Cyber Attack in the local NHS - please